Who Are You At Your Core?
In less than two months of being in Tassie, I have found at least 10 beautiful reasons for being here.
- It’s a gobsmackingly gorgeous place to be – think Wineglass Bay, Cradle Mountain,
- The Tarkine and pristine wilderness – lakes, mountains, forests, beaches. We have it all.
- The “natives” are friendly, helpful and generous people.
- There is not a lot of traffic – even in capital city Hobart’s “rush hour”.
- There are four distinct seasons in each year and sometimes in one day!
- The local produce is fresh and fabulous – stone fruit, berries, walnuts, salmon, oysters, cheese. Check out Bream Creek Farmers Markets.
- Some of the best whiskies in the world are made here – Lark, Nant, Sullivans Cove and more.
- The air is fresh (straight off the Antarctic fresh!) and there is little pollution.
- More artists, writers and cultural creatives per head of population live and work in Tasmania than anywhere else in Australia.
- David Walsh’s spectacular and controversial Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) is here on the banks of the majestic Derwent River.
- As Tourism Tasmania promote, we are “A world apart, not a world away” and Melbourne is only an hour’s flying time from Hobart (less from Launceston) if you need a Big City fix.